The L’Oreal Brandstorm NYC Weekend is the premier summer marketing internship recruitment event for all of L’Oreal’s global brands. Over three days with L’Oreal, college juniors have the unique opportunity to learn about a career in brand management and participate in the competitive selection process for a marketing internship. Students will hear from senior marketing executives, participate in a brand management workshop with L’Oreal executives, and network with HR and marketers over evening social events. The selection process includes group work on a marketing case study, team presentations and individual interviews. Selected students will be invited back to L’Oreal’s NYC headquarters for a summer 2009 marketing internship during which they will be considered for a full-time position in the marketing Management Development Program post-graduation.
Marketing Internship Description:
The L’Oréal USA summer internship program for marketing is based at the New York City headquarters on Fifth Avenue and runs between 10 – 12 weeks in length. The summer internship consists of three main elements:
- Assisting the brand management team with day-to-day marketing activities
- Working on an individual project that will be presented to senior management at the conclusion of the internship
- Participating in the corporate events/seminars program and social and cultural activities
A marketing summer intern will be hired into one of the classes of trade: Consumer Products, Luxury Products, Professional Products or Active Cosmetics. Once assigned to a division, interns may work on Hair Care, Hair Color, Fragrance, Cosmetic, Styling, Skin Care or Sun Care category in one of L’Oreal’s brands. The specific job responsibilities and project assignments outlined for a summer intern may vary from brand to brand based on business objectives. In general, an intern will be exposed to many core areas of the marketing mix including, but not limited to: product development, brand promotions, advertising, media, consumer research and sales.
- Current junior standing with an expected graduation date of January – June, 2010
- Good academic standing, overall cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in marketing / brand management
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Demonstrated leadership and creativity
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Prior internship experience is a plus
- Foreign Language skills are a plus
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging environment
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Candidates must be already authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis for any employer
All participants must be able to commit to and be available all day Friday, November 14th through Sunday, November 16th for the event and travel.